Ipswich Makerspace collects data about members, but no more than is required to operate the membership scheme and administer the Makerspace. We intend to observe both the letter and the spirit of the Data Protection Act 1998, in accordance with the eight principles, or rules for ‘good information handling’.
The data must be:
- processed fairly and legally
- processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way;
- relevant and sufficient for the purpose
- kept for as long as is necessary and no longer
- processed in line with individuals’ rights
- only transferred to other countries that have suitable data protection controls
Members’ details will not be sold or passed on to third parties.