Merry Christmas adventurers. In this adventure I am building the frame for my arcade machine. It is built of Wickes’ finest 12mm MDF. It is held together with pine and prayer. My brother and I used the tablesaw to cut the front, sides and back. In this image it is waiting for its face.
I have stripped down an LCD monitor and mounted it in the frame.
After getting the frame together and standing in front of it, it only really seemed big enough for 2 players. I have tested mounting the joysticks.
Kindly Ipswich Makerspace’s own superhero Adam helped laser out the screen surround on “Helios” the big laser.
- Build replacement button PCB to control the LCD
- Procure PC parts and mounting system
- Install IEC C14 connector and power button
- Vinyl wrap
- Finish and polish the
turdgame in Unity
- Unleash it on people
Look out for my other adventures where I go off down rabbits holes, such as:
- Write a new game! and build its artwork
- Convert a SNES controller to XINPUT compatible
- Build my own gaming mechanical keyboard
- Hack a Boilermate 200 PCB into a “Smart” Boiler
- Macro photography
- Learning Finnish and the Piano
- Something to do with my day job, I forget what it is now, probably Internet or phones or something.