So not much blogging from Team Ipswich Makerspace this year, been so busy, but things have been happening. Once again Keith is designing TractorBot (possibly being renamed this year) in Fusion360. Keith has had trouble with files becoming corrupt in previous years, but with experience things are so far going well. The model is even parametric, believe it or not the two images below are the same model, just with a couple or parameters edited to change the primary dimensions.
We started off using micro metal gear motors, so this is what we thought it would look like, once again using the trusty 7.2v NiCad batteries.
And little while later we had movement. It’s always good when you see a robot move for the first time.