A big list of things to talk about and prioritise but I propose a working party next saturday (11th) to make a start. If you want to get involved but can’t make this Saturday have a chat with one of the committee members to let them know. Chances are we’ll be doing stuff on Thursday evenings too as long as it’s not intrusive. Also mention anything you think we’ve forgotten.
- Make the front door more secure
- Cameras outside to view the stairs and inside tba. (Jon has one of these https://www.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_212ptz-v_34051_en_0812_lo.pdf spare. Might be useful even if it’s just short term)
- Clever electronic lock system
- Main table and chairs – we need to decide what we want the place to look like, but having a big cluster of tables has worked well in the past. I’d quite like to make tables similar to the ones we used in the church hall as buying them is damned expensive. 18mm ply works well or something like scaffold planks are quite ethnic too. Having tables we can move/stack would be extremely useful for hiring out the space purposes. Chairs are available cheaply from the Foxhall recycling centre and I may have a bunch of stacking chairs we could use.
- Electronics workbenches – up to four stations with a good set of basic tools like a psu, soldering iron, monitor etc setup along the wall between the heaters so people can just rock up and get to work. Not exactly a quiet area, but definitely a work area.
- Tim make sticky labels for our property
- Tim make sticky labels for other people’s property saying (On loan)
- Lighting (I know it’s not furniture), it’s a bit poor at the moment. We can double up on the lights we already have (somehow). If we go down the cluster of tables route we can put in a row of decent lights over it. We should also replace the current bulbs with LEDs for energy efficiency.
Tools and Equipment
- Sort through and organize all our stuff
- Laser cutter
- Small tools
- Dangerous Prototypes power things
- Fridge (Jon has one to donate)
- Recycling bins
- A letter box
- Coat of paint
- Fix dripping tap
- Tidy/repair/clean the loo (filler etc)
- Lay an easier to clean floor in the loo, vinyl or similar
- Fix the heat loss
- Tidy/repair the kitchen
- Sockets in the kitchen
- Fix sliding doors to storeroom
- Staircase non-slip paint
- Install dexion shelving in storeroom
- Solve condensation problem in the storeroom
- A membership system
- Unwire the tables and replace with floor boxes
- Replace TalkTalk router with DrayTek router from church bungalow
- Some form of wired networking to the tables and workbenches
- Shelving system for member storage boxes
- Purchase cleaning supplies and set up cleaning rota
- Create leaving checklist to ensure space is secure and nothing is left on.
- Install makerspace sign